When most people drive in Las Vegas, they try to be as careful as possible. But some drivers act negligently. They may drive distracted, intoxicated, or generally disobey the rules of the road.
Drivers that exhibit negligence on the road run the risk of causing an accident. If you are injured due to someone else’s negligence, you have a right to seek compensation. A Las Vegas car accident lawyer can help.
The Nevada Accident Injury Lawyers have the knowledge to help you at every stage of your claim. Contact NAIL to investigate and manage your case so you can focus on recovery.
What Are Common Types of Car Accidents?
There are various types of car accidents that we see in Las Vegas. These include:
- Rear-end accidents: Rear-end accidents are one of the most common types of accidents. They occur when the driver in the back is not paying attention or is speeding or tailgating and hits the rear of the car in front of them. They are almost always the fault of the driver in the back.
- Head-on collisions: Front-end accidents are rare but can be extremely dangerous. They usually happen when a car is going the wrong way on a street or freeway, but they can also occur if a vehicle loses control and ends up in the wrong lane. They are often the result of driving under the influence.
- T-bone accidents: T-bone accidents happen when one car rams into the side of another car. They usually occur at intersections when cars try to turn without the clearance to do so or when cars intersect with vehicles that are turning.
What are Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Car accidents can happen for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the most common:
- Driving under the influence: Despite efforts to raise awareness, many people drive when they are under the influence of drugs and alcohol. This impairs judgment increasing the risk that an accident may occur.
- Driving distracted: it seems there is no end to the things that can distract us when we are driving. Electronics are a prime source, but people can also get distracted by billboards, their thoughts, or their own passengers.
- Disobeying the rules of the road: Accidents can happen when people break the rules of the road by speeding, passing stop signs and stoplights, and more.
- Poor road conditions: Debris, potholes, and other hazards can cause cars to swerve and collide. These accidents may not be the fault of the drivers themselves. The city may be to blame, or a construction company working nearby may be responsible.
- Faulty equipment: Car equipment may go out and cause an accident. For example, the brakes or steering may fail, causing a driver to lose control of their vehicle. In these instances, the car manufacturer or mechanic may be at fault.
What Are Common Types of Car Accident Injuries?
Car accidents can result in injuries as minor as cuts and bruises and as serious as paralysis. Here are some common injuries that may occur:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Organ Damage
- Wrongful death
What To Do After a Car Accident in Las Vegas
The steps you take after a car accident can help you build a strong case. They include:
- Take pictures: If you feel well enough, take photos at the site of the accident, making sure to capture all signs of damage. These will serve as evidence for your claim.
- Gather witness information: Get the contact information of anyone who saw the accident. They may be able to testify on your behalf.
- Get the contact information for other drivers: Write down the insurance information, name, and license plate numbers of the other drivers involved.
- Call the police: The police will create a report that serves as a core piece of evidence in your claim.
- Get medical care: It’s essential to get medical care after a car accident. You may think you are not that badly injured, but your injuries can worsen in time. If you don’t get medical attention, the defendant may try to say your injuries weren’t linked to the accident. A provider will create a medical report tying your injuries directly to the incident.
Car Accident Case FAQs
What kind of compensation can I get for my car accident claim?
The type of compensation you can get varies depending on your personal and professional situation and may include lost wages, loss of potential earnings, medical expenses, emotional pain and suffering, and property damage. Your car accident lawyer will determine which damages apply to your case.
What is the statute of limitations for car accident claims in Nevada?
The statute of limitations for car accident claims in Nevada is two years. The clock starts ticking the day the accident occurred.
Call NAIL When You Need a Las Vegas Car Accident Lawyer to Represent You
When there’s a lot on the line regarding your medical and financial recovery, it’s best to have an experienced attorney on your side. At Nevada Accident Injury Lawyers, we are experts at navigating the case process, negotiating with insurance companies, and pursuing compensation for your losses.
If you are looking for the Las Vegas car accident lawyer that’s right for you, Nevada Accident Injury Lawyers should be your first choice. We’ll put our experience in the personal injury field in your corner, and we will fight to seek the best possible outcome.
Call NAIL today if you were injured in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence. We will make every effort to see to it that justice is served.