A motorcycle is a great mode of transportation. It’s eco-friendly, fun, and it makes it easy to get around Las Vegas.
But one drawback of riding a motorcycle is that it’s not the safest way to travel. Small motorcycles make it difficult for cars to see them on the road. Without having the shell of a car to protect riders, serious injuries may occur.
Both drivers and riders have a duty of care to stay safe on the road. If they act in a negligent manner, an accident may occur.
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, you need a reliable Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyer. The Nevada Accident Injury Lawyers represents motorcycle crash victims like you. Contact us to begin your case for compensation for your damages.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Las Vegas
Today, motorcycle accidents in Las Vegas are happening for a variety of reasons. These include:
- Falling into the driver’s blind spots: Motorcycles are small, making it difficult for drivers to spot them on the road. If a rider is next to a vehicle and falls into the driver’s blind spots, they may try to move over without seeing the motorcycle and end up running them off the road.
- Lane splitting: Lane splitting involves motorcycles weaving in and out of lanes to try and get to their destination faster. It is illegal in the state of Nevada, but some riders still engage in this dangerous activity.
- “Dooring” accidents: Drivers should check the road for oncoming traffic before opening their car doors. However, many fail to do so. This can be especially dangerous for motorcyclists, who may get hit off their bikes.
- Poor road conditions: Potholes and obstacles can be especially hazardous for lightweight vehicles like motorcycles. If riders must swerve around or get struck by them, they can easily get thrown off their bikes. When these types of accidents occur, the government or a contractor doing work nearby may be to blame.
- Disobeying the rules of the road: Accidents can happen because riders or drivers disobey the rules of the road. They may be disregarding traffic signs or lights, speeding, driving drunk, driving distracted, and so on.
- Equipment failure: Accidents may also occur due to an equipment failure in the car or motorcycle. For example, the brakes or steering may go out, causing the driver or rider to lose control of the vehicle. These types of accidents are typically the fault of the vehicle manufacturer or mechanic.
- Left-hand turns: Most motorcycle accidents happen when a car makes a left-hand turn in front of a rider. It usually occurs when the rider is going straight through the intersection, passing the car, or trying to overtake the car.
What are Common Motorcycle Injuries?
There are many types of motorcycle injuries that can occur on the road. They include:
- Broken bones
- Road rash
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Organ damage
What are Nevada Motorcycle Laws?
Familiarity with Nevada motorcycle laws will keep you safe on the road. They will also help you determine who is at fault if an accident occurs. They include the following:
- All riders are required to wear a helmet and protective eyewear while riding.
- You must get a Class M driver’s license to ride a motorcycle. This involves taking a course, exam, and skills test.
- Motorcycles have a right to use a complete traffic lane. They may ride up to two abreast in a single lane.
- Motorcycles can only ride with passengers if there is a passenger seat on the vehicle.
- Motorcycles cannot pass a vehicle in the same lane even if it can fit in the same lane.
- Motorcycles must have headlights, brake lights, turn signals, rearview mirrors, brakes, and a functioning muffler. The wheels must be protected by fenders.
Do You Need a Local Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Motorcycle accidents do not always require the help of a motorcycle accident lawyer. But it’s a good idea to have one by your side, especially if there’s a lot at stake.
Insurance companies are notorious for providing victims with lowball offers. They may take your words out of context and make it seem like the accident was your fault when someone else is to blame. Or they may try to say the accident isn’t worth as much as it truly is.
A Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyer will gather evidence that’s hard for an insurance firm to dispute. They will tell you what to say to providers, so your words aren’t taken out of context. They will help you get the coverage you require.
Motorcycle Accident Case FAQs
Where do most motorcycle accidents occur?
Most motorcycle accidents occur at intersections because the driver does not see the motorcycle.
What is the statute of limitations on motorcycle accidents in Nevada?
The statute of limitations on motorcycle accidents in Nevada is 2 years. This means victims will have 2 years from the date of the accident to file a claim.
Reach Out to Our Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers for a Consultation
Remember that if you are injured in a motorcycle accident, you have the right to seek compensation. Letting a lawyer manage your case can improve your odds of winning your claim. They will help you gather evidence to build a strong case.
If someone else’s negligence caused your motorcycle injury, call the Nevada Accident Injury Lawyers today. NAIL will take the legal stress off your shoulders and help you move forward with your life.