A personal injury is any injury that happens to your mind or body. It differs from a property injury that happens to an object. It can be something as minor as a cut or bruise, or it can be something as serious as an amputation or paralysis.
You have a right to seek compensation following your injury. The Nevada Accident Injury Lawyers can provide you with the assistance you need to help you with your claim. Contact our personal injury lawyers in Las Vegas to start your case.
What Are Common Causes of Personal Injuries?
Personal injuries can happen for a variety of reasons. When they happen due to someone else’s negligence, you have a right to take legal action. Here are examples of cases that may cause you to seek the help of a personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas.
- Motor vehicle accidents: There are various types of accidents that occur on the road including car accidents, truck accidents, pedestrian accidents, and motorcycle accidents. They usually happen because another driver was not following the rules of the road. If you incurred a personal injury due to a driver’s negligence, seek the help of a Las Vegas personal injury attorney.
- Product defect accidents: Manufacturers are responsible for checking products for safety before releasing them on the market. Instructions must be included for safe use. If the product is unsafe and causes an injury, the manufacturer may be liable for damages.
- Medical malpractice: We trust medical providers to offer us a high level of care. But in some instances, they may exhibit negligence during exams and procedures, leaving you injured.
- Slip and falls: A property owner is responsible for keeping their property safe for visitors. If they fail to do so, and someone gets injured on their property, they may have to pay for damages.
- Dog bites: Dog owners must keep their pets under control so they do not bite another person. If the dog attacks, they may owe the victim compensation.
What are Common Types of Personal Injuries?
There are several types of personal injuries that we handle. These include but are not limited to:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
To be compensated in a personal injury accident, you must first establish that the defendant exhibited negligence in causing the accident. In doing so, you must establish the following:
- The duty of care existed: First, you will have to establish that a duty of care existed. For example, drivers on the road owe other drivers a duty of care to drive safely.
- The duty of care was breached: If your injuries were caused by a driver driving recklessly and violating traffic laws, that would show that the duty of care was breached.
- The defendant’s negligence was the direct cause of your injuries: You will need to establish that the negligence was the direct cause of your injuries.
- The injuries led to losses: The final piece will be proving that the injuries resulted in financial, physical, and emotional losses.
How To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
There are many steps to take before filing a personal injury lawsuit. You will first work with your personal injury lawyer to gather evidence. Then you will negotiate with the defendant to try and reach a settlement.
If a settlement can’t be reached, a complaint will be filed. The complaint will outline your case and include the supporting documents and the demands for financial recovery. The case may eventually go to court where a judge will decide how to move forward.
Do I Need a Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer to Settle My Case?
Not every personal injury claim requires the help of a local personal injury lawyer. However, there are many instances when it will be helpful to have one by your side.
In many cases, after an injury occurs, you will be able to seek compensation through the defendant’s insurance. However, insurance companies are notorious for trying to get out of paying for claims. They may try to say that the claim wasn’t worth that much, or they may try to spin your words to make it seem like the accident was your fault.
A personal injury lawyer will negotiate on your behalf with insurance companies. Our attorneys are knowledgeable of fair settlements. We know how to work with providers to ensure your words are never taken out of context.
Contact a Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer for Help With Your Claim
If you were injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence and there’s a lot at stake, don’t go it alone. A personal injury lawyer can help you build a strong case. Our team will negotiate with insurance companies and counteract their lowball tactics for a fair settlement.
If you are looking for an experienced personal injury lawyer in the Las Vegas area, Nevada Accident Injury Lawyers are highly recommended. We have years of experience with personal injury laws. We will fight relentlessly to get you the best possible outcome.
Call NAIL today to get your case underway and start moving forward with your life.
Personal Injury Case FAQs
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Nevada?
The statute of limitations on personal injury claims in Nevada is 2 years. That means you have 2 years from the day the accident occurred to file a lawsuit.
What kind of compensation can I get for my personal injury claim?
The type of compensation you may get for your personal injury claim will vary depending on your personal and professional situation. They may include medical expenses, lost wages, loss of future earning potential, and emotional pain and suffering.
What is the average settlement for a personal injury case in Nevada?
The average settlement for a personal injury case in Nevada varies by the severity of your injuries. Although some cases settle for millions of dollars, most of these amounts are won during trials.